Finally. I have been wanting to start a blog for absolutely ages. I think it has been on my #NewYearNewYou resolutions list for the last three years. As the saying goes “better late than never”. I have to hold my hand up, manage expectations and put some caveats in place. I’m no Shakespeare. I’m no AA Gill (may he rest in peace). I wish i had the diction of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Zoe Williams and Zadie Smith. I wish i had the wit and sharp comedic delivery of Caitlin Moran and Polly Vernon. I am also now thinking i should have made more effort with my english grammar at school as i’m opening myself up to scrutiny but hey, you live and you learn. All i can do is commend myself for taking the step, making the leap to just start writing, expressing myself and hopefully stirring up discussion and debate.
So, I imagine you’ll be asking yourself why should i be bothered by yet another blog? Here are 5 reasons to not hit delete when i share my blog posts...
- This blog will be a platform to highlight the trials and tribulations us women battle daily in our careers
- This blog will be a positive platform for female empowerment
- This blog will offer solutions to the problems with weekly tips, advice and literature to read
- This blog will be open, honest and authentic
- This blog will continually strive to educate on inclusivity as well as diversity in the workplace
With this first post I guess i’ve officially lost my blogging virginity. I’ll virtually high five to that. We all have to “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway” (Susan Jeffers). This book was a life changing read for me. Given to me on my 16th birthday as a gift from my father. I recommend it to all my clients. If you are looking for a read to get you through the month of March go grab a copy.
Till next time...
60 Min Career Coach